Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
At Hinchley Wood Primary School, we are committed to equality of opportunity and access to all areas of school life for all pupils. We aim to promote inclusion by ensuring all lessons are accessible to all children regardless of their Special Educational Needs or Disability. The children at Hinchley Wood Primary School are taught to help one another and respect each other's differences.
Adjustments to provision and support that is ‘in addition to and different from’ every day classroom practice will be implemented to respond to barriers to learning and areas of need outlined in the Code of Practice (2015):
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, Emotional and mental health
At Hinchley Wood Primary School, we will endeavour to:
- Ensure decisions are informed by the insights of parents and children
- Have high ambitions and set stretching targets for children
- Track progress towards these goals
- Review the additional or different provision that is made
- Promote positive outcomes in the wider areas of personal and social development
- Ensure that the approaches used are based on the best possible evidence and are having the required impact on progress
SEN Code of Practice (2015)
We ensure that children and parents are appropriately involved in all discussions and decisions about individual support and provision. The children’s needs are always at the heart of our provision and decision making.
If you are worried about your child in any way, please speak in the first instance to your child's class teacher who can then arrange a meeting with other relevant staff as agreed.
Our Inclusion Leader is:
Mrs Seanne Wilmot - email@example.com